How it works for individuals
Totnes Pounds are available in electronic or paper form.
Paper Totnes Pounds
Electronic Totnes Pounds: e-t£s
Totnes Pounds is not just a paper currency now. From October 20th 2014 you can spend the currency electronically. online or with your mobile phone, simply by setting up an account.
What's it all about?
- PAY-BY-TEXT; you can pay by SMS using any mobile phone
- Send and receive payments electronically in e-t£
- Totnes Pound local online shopping.
- Local charities receive donations through the scheme
- Loyalty scheme rewards you for supporting local businesses
Follow these two simple steps to start using electronic Totnes Pounds:
- Sign up for an account by clicking here
- Put some money in your account - find out how to do that here
That's it! Now you can Pay By Text or pay others using your online account.
When you buy with e-t£s you will earn loyalty reward e-t£s that can be redeemed for future purchases or donated to a local charity.
Changing e-t£s back to sterling
If you need to change e-t£s back into sterling you will be charged a 2% fee, however, we are waiving this fee until 1st Jan 2015.
If you pay another individual (not a business) by PAY-BY-TEXT you will be charged 2% (minimum 10p, maximum £1.99). This gives everyone time to adjust to the system and keep those e-t£s circulating!